Gallivanting Around California ~ Monterey and Carmel  

Posted by Heidi


Beautiful Pacific Grove--doesn't it look like a painting?  I blogged about that trip HERE.  The trip also included stops in the lovely and delightful Carmel . . .


We spent a lot of time in the mission there, but not many of my photos ended up being worthy of sharing (low lighting, amateur photographer armed with a point and shoot camera). Er, in fact, just this one was . . . it's not as impressive as photos taken in the spring and summer when the bouganvilla is in full bloom.  We also spent a good deal of time in Monterey, particularly at The Lone Cypress.



This is a positively gorgeous spot, very serene and something to delight the eye at every turn.  These photos were taken in October--a wonderful time to visit.  February is always a great month on the coast, as well.







I have one more Ireland post and then, (squee!) my daughter is taking me off on another adventure, this time to England and Scotland.  I hope that I am able to get through all of those photos much faster than the Ireland ones (11 months is too long) but somehow I doubt it. 

This entry was posted on Thursday, June 4, 2015 at Thursday, June 04, 2015 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 wise, witty and wonderful comments

The pictures are wonderful. So peaceful. I followed your link - so many memories! I especially liked the mermaid - You have a great eye for photos! Jess

June 11, 2015 at 4:41 AM

Post a Comment